I’m 2.8% god. What % are you?
Yahoo answers are like the junk food of answers on the net. So many “best answers” on here are 100% wrong. For example, one “best answer” with the source being “Geneticist” said that we are genetically unrelated to Neanderthal man.
All of us alive today, with the exception of a small group in Africa, are related to Neanderthals based on genetics. About 1.5 to 2.1 % of your DNA is Neanderthal in origin. Before you start cracking jokes about dumb caveman behaviors, you need to know that ideas about Neanderthal being dumber are likely all wrong. and have resulted from the fact that the winners of any battle re-write history to make themselves look good.
By my 23andme.com genetic tests, I’m 2.8% Neanderthal. We co-existed and interbred with Neanderthal. They were much stronger and just as smart from the latest research. In fact, I believe they were the real “gods,” “giants” and “kings” that resulted in many ancient myths. We beat them simply because we are more deceptive and less honorable.
Genetically, having more neanderthal than most, I’m predisposed to be atypically smart and honest. This makes me somewhat of an outcast among my species. It has taken years to understand why: a genetically higher percentage of a less deceptive species. This also explains my problems with blood sugar regulation (I inherited the rare homozygotes TT genotype SNP at rs13342692 from Neanderthal, which raises my risk by 50% for type-2 diabetes).
Homo Sapiens killed and ate Neanderthal according to research. Much as modern superstitious humans consume rhino horns for presumed potency, the wrong idea among homo sapiens of the time were that eating a stronger animal would make you live longer. The strength of Neanderthal was confused by the unsophisticated minds of our ancestors, with immortality based on their own wishful thinking. This myth is preserved in Jesus (a god) telling mortals at the last supper to eat his flesh. The bible is not just a fantasy. It is a twisted version of real human history, sanitized to glorify the story writers.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
The evidence upon which I based the above statements, which I assume some will find very hard to believe:
- “… researchers recovered ancient DNA of Neanderthals by extracting the DNA from the femur bones of three 38,000-year-old female Neanderthal specimens from Vindija Cave, Croatia, and other bones found in Spain, Russia, and Germany.” – http://www.dw.de/scientists-decode-majority-of-neanderthal-mans-genome/a-4024921
- “… present-day people of non-African ancestry trace an average of about 2 percent of their genomes to Neanderthals — a legacy of interbreeding between humans and Neanderthals that the team previously showed occurred between 40,000 to 80,000 years ago. (Indigenous Africans have little or no Neanderthal DNA because their ancestors did not breed with Neanderthals, who lived in Europe and Asia.)” – http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2014/01/neanderthals-dna-legacy-linked-to-modern-ailments/
- Gene SLC16A11 position 6946287 SNP rs13342692 genotype TT. – 23andme.com genetic testing, author’s results.
- Sequence Variants in SLC16A11 Are a Common Risk Factor for Type 2 Diabetes in Mexico, A haplotype of four SNPs in this gene, common in Native Americans, may have originated in Neanderthals. This haplotype raises the risk by 25% in heterozygotes and 50% in homozygotes for type-2 diabetes, and it may also lead to the development of type-2 diabetes at a younger age and lower BMI. This haplotype is found at ~50% frequency in Native American samples and ~10% in east Asian, but is rare in Europeans and Africans. – http://snpedia.com/index.php/SLC16A11
- “There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.” Genesis 6:4 (KJV). – link Giant can mean strong and powerful, not necessarily gigantic in height.
- Young’s Literal Translation “The fallen ones were in the earth in those days, and even afterwards when sons of God come in unto daughters of men, and they have borne to them — they are the heroes, who, from of old, are the men of name.” – Genesis 6:4 Parallel
- Gen 6:5 “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” The ideal of being Godlike comes from early experience with Neanderthal culture which was much more ethical.
- The Nephilim // (Hebrew: נפילים) were offspring of the “sons of God” and the “daughters of men” before the Deluge according to Genesis 6:4; the name is also used in reference to giants who inhabited Canaan at the time of the Israelite conquest of Canaan according to Numbers 13:33 – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim
- “… Neanderthal brains contained significantly larger visual cortices. This is corroborated by recent endocast work, which found that Neanderthal occipital lobes are relatively larger than those of AMHs [anatomically modern humans]. In addition, previous suggestions that large Neanderthal brains were associated with their high lean body mass imply that Neanderthal also invested more neural tissue in somatic areas involved in body maintenance and control compared with those of contemporary AMHs.” – http://www.tested.com/science/life/454072-why-bigger-neanderthal-brains-didnt-make-them-smarter-humans/
- “The balance of findings for human brain size, largely based on participants of European ancestry, indicates an average adult brain volume of 1130 cubic centimeters (cm3) for women and 1260 cm3 for men. …the average Neanderthal cranial capacity for females was 1300 cm3 and 1600 cm3 for males” – Stanford, C., Allen, J.S., Anton, S.C., Lovell, N.C. (2009). Biological Anthropology: the Natural History of Humankind.
- Toronto: Pearson Canada. p. 301. The average cranial capacity of Homo sapiens is roughly 1300 cubic centimeters, making the brains of this species absolutely smaller than those of Homo neanderthalensis – http://www.becominghuman.org/node/homo-sapiens-0
- One theory is that nephilim were actually surviving Neanderthals, or a Homo sapiens-Neanderthal hybrid. It is believed by such people that modern man shared several thousand years of history with Neanderthals, and also that the Middle-Eastern region was home to some of the last surviving pockets of Homo sapiens neandertalensis or H. neandertalensis. Therefore, it is conceivable that a Folk Memory of these creatures survived by way of mythology- but not necessarily in the way that is is imagined. In addition, it appears that the very last Neanderthals adopted some of the technological and cultural innovations of their contemporaries. So, the theory goes, surviving Neanderthals or hybrids might have been very large, powerful men, possessing the intellect and societal characteristics of our species, explaining their identification as: “mightiest ones” and “men of renown,” which could be a great exaggeration based on some level of prowess. One major flaw in this “theory” some have suggested is that neanderthalensis were in fact slightly shorter in height than H. sapiens and unlikely to have been named giants. On the other hand, they were giants relative to their even shorter predecessors, Australopithecus and Homo Habilis. Of course, this flaw is easily resolved when one remembers that the word Nephilim earlier described means “fallen ones” and not giants, the word being translated in the King James Bible as “Giants”, recognized now as somewhat of a mistranslation. – http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/alien_watchers03.htm
- “… the Israelite king Saul and his son Jonathan were descendents of a nephilim tribe … that is what Scripture tells us. … I’m not even using the Book of Enoch as proof. Just these regular, wellknown scriptures: Deut. 7:1, Amos 2:9, 2 Sam. 21:2, 1 Chron. 12:4, Josh. 10:2, 1 Chron. 9:35-39, 1 Sam. 9:2.”
- Fernando Rozzi, of Paris’s Centre National de la Récherche Scientifique, said the jawbone had probably been cut into to remove flesh, including the tongue. Crucially, the butchery was similar to that used by humans to cut up deer carcass in the early Stone Age. “Neanderthals met a violent end at our hands and in some cases we ate them,” Rozzi said. – http://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/may/17/neanderthals-cannibalism-anthropological-sciences-journal
- Humans today eat gorillas and chimpanzees, so why would our prehistoric ancestors flinch at sitting down to a nicely roasted Neanderthal? That’s the shocking new hypothesis being raised by anthropologists in Spain who wonder if our closest extinct relative was exterminated in the same way as 178 other large mammals, so called megafauna, which are suspected of going at least partially by the hand of hungry human hunters. – http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/21/18399982-shocking-new-theory-humans-hunted-ate-neanderthals
- … researchers could not identify the specific foods eaten but noted that animal remains suggested the Neanderthals hunted deer and horses. Sistiaga said evidence showed the presence of berries, nuts and tubers but “we cannot say anything about what kind of plants were actually eaten.” Neanderthals were shorter and stockier than the sleeker Homo sapiens. Many scientists dispute the outdated notion of Neanderthals as dimwitted brutes, pointing to evidence of complex hunting methods, likely communication via spoken language, and use of symbolic objects and pigments, probably for body painting. – http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/6/26/fossil-feces-neanderthal.html
I’ll add more later. What points need the most support? What do you find hardest to believe?